Internship or Bachelor / Master Thesis (m/w/d) for Reusable Upper Stage project support (f/m/d)
ArianeGroup develops and delivers innovative and competitive solutions for civil launchers and has expertise in all aspects of advanced propulsion technologies. ArianeGroup is the prime contractor for the European Ariane 5 and Ariane 6 launcher families and is responsible for both development and the entire production chain up to commercialization through its subsidiary Arianespace, as well as for the rockets of the French Oceanic Deterrent Force. ArianeGroup and its subsidiaries are known worldwide as specialists in equipment and propulsion systems for space applications, and their expertise also benefits other industries. The Group is a joint venture equally owned by Airbus and Safran and employs around 7,000 highly skilled people in France and Germany. Group sales in 2021 were around €3.1 billion. In developing and implementing innovative and competitive solutions for civil launchers and satellite technology, ArianeGroup attaches particular importance to the highest technical standards in order to secure Europe’s access to space.
For the department « JTFG, JTMU2, JTMU4 and JTMU5 » at the location Bremen we are looking for an internship or Bachelor-/ Masterthesis (m/f/d) for Reusable Upper Stage project support to support us in full time (35h/week) for a duration of 6 months.
What we offer you:
* A personal mentor for the entire duration of 6 months
* Become part of an internationally operating aerospace group
* Collaboration on a future-oriented and exciting topic of space travel and reusability
* A partnership-based, modern working atmosphere
* Flexible organisation of working hours
* Access to our international network of experts
* Rent subsidy on presentation of the rental contract
* You have the opportunity to write your thesis/master thesis in the company after Internship
Your main tasks and activities:
Contribution to Ariane reusable Upper Stage concept
* Support in definition of reusable vehicles concepts via trade-off studies
* Systems engineering process support: CONOPS, Functional Analysis, Requirements Engineering, verification and validation logic
* Definition of the demonstration logic & planning
* Treatment of critical system and sub system level technical topics
* Aerothermal calculations using existing codes & modification of said codes when needed
* Design definition of the system and sub systems with CAD software (CATIA)
* Mechanical design, sizing and justification/optimisation via analytical methods and/or with the use of dedicated tools
* Thermal analysis, hand calculations and use of tools
* Co-ordination between various departments (System, Design, Thermal, Mechanical)
* Literature and Market research; Documentation
* The Intern may be requested to work on other projects related to launcher and spacecraft engineering
You have the following qualifications:
* Student of Aerospace / Aeronautical / Mechanical Engineering, Material Sciences or similar (must be currently registered in a student status)
* Programming experience
* Physical modelling experience (FEM, CFD, Thermal)
* Experience with CATIA
* Experience in cross-discipline student projects and design competitions
* Independent, thorough working method
* Fluent in English
Then we look forward to receiving your application, including CV, cover letter and references via the application button.
Your contact person for questions:
Deniz Sirin Cengiz
All person-related formulations in this job advertisement are to be considered gender-neutral.
Severely disabled persons will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications.
Applicants who are affected by a job adjustment measure will be given preferential treatment.
During the application phase, we will be supported by our recruitment partner ManpowerGroup Solutions.
Your application and all information contained therein will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Your data will only be processed by ManpowerGroup Solutions for the purpose of forwarding, evaluating and contacting you.
Stagiaire / étudiant en alternance (durée déterminée) (stagiaire)
ArianeGroup est convaincu que la diversité renforce l’innovation et la collaboration.
Nous accueillons toutes les candidatures et sommes engagés dans le développement d’un environnement de travail inclusif.
Nos critères de sélection sont basés sur les compétences et expériences professionnelles exclusivement.